2017 Slicer Western Week/Laplace equation solver
From VASST Wiki
- Jordan Dekraker (Robarts Research Institute)
- Jess Rodgers (Robarts Research Institute)
|Objective||Approach and Plan||Progress and Next Steps|
Background and References
- Relevant paper for using Laplace in cortical laminar profiles: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913003480.
- The Laplace equation is can be useful for indexing within a volume, and provides a level of smoothness that is suitable for most applications in biology.
- It is often used to index cortical laminae and streams can be generated across the gradient for determining cortical thickness.
- In our work we also use it to compute the perpendicular gradients across the hippocampus to index its proximal-distal and longitudinal extents.